The first SARP day on 24 October was a great success with around 20 Sea Kayak Paddlers turning out to improve their all-important rescue skills. Great to see such commitment to safety standards at SCC – Many thanks to the organisers and helpers on the day.
The next skills development event on our calendar is a First Aid and CPR Course, and it is open to ALL paddling groups within the club.
All members are encouraged to consider making time for this opportunity because:
- it’s fully subsidised by the club ($120 value),
- you will receive a full qualification that lasts for three years;
- it leaves you with skills that are useful when paddling AND in every other aspect of your life
Bookings are essential and members have a choice of two dates to attend the course at the VMR:
- Saturday 28 November 2015 from 0800 to 1600
- Saturday 23 January 2016 from 0800 to 1600
Places are limited, so please contact Barry to book in ASAP.